Wednesday, December 23, 2009

What piqued readers most in 2009

An anonymous tirade celebrating the downfall of newspapers provoked the most commentary from Newsosaur readers during 2009.

Here are links to the posts that generated the biggest responses in the last 12 months:

:: The last rant: Failing papers ‘bring me joy’

:: Can grassroots journalism do the job?

:: Why media must charge for web content

:: Journicide: A looming, lost generation of scribes

:: How to charge for online content

:: What I recommended to publishers in Chicago

If you want to escape your relatives for a while during the holidays, you can make yourself look busy by adding new comments to the above threads.

Unless some particularly irresistible development occurs, I plan on hibernating in my native Chicago (pic below) for the balance of the year. Wish me warmth, as I do you.

Here’s hoping we can do better in 2010 than we have in the last few years. Happy holidays.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and have some hope! New things are on the horizon.

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Alan, for your terrific blogging in 2009!

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great reading. Keep it up.

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Andrew said...

Hello Alan,

I stumbled upon your blog after reading your comments in the NY Times.

You remind me of a friend I spent last summer with, he's a newspaper publisher and teacher, he taught a class on world events at the institution we were both attending; his name is Sir Conrad Black.

You might find my blog interesting, I attempted to write about my experience in a the journalists style of Truman Capote.

It's at http://khannofmann.blogspot.com/

I would appreciate your thoughts and looking forward to reading more of your muses.

Andrew

4:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home